Total Giving to Date: $451,924.30
The Mary Wheeler Circle grant cycle is from October 1st – September 30th of each year.
(Be sure your annual pledge is in by 9/30 for your vote to count!)
MWC grant proposal applications will become available in April, with applications due by August 1. Proposals (*including Wheeler project proposal forms) can be submitted by any Center for Women & Children staff member with final review going through CWC Leadership and eventually, the Executive Team.
In the spirit of Mary Wheeler who sought to help women both in immediacy and for the betterment of their future, the annual funds will also be used for immediate needs and to spark forward thinking. Up to 70% of the total funds are to be used to award grants that will work toward creating a better experience for the women and children receiving services at the Center for Women & Children or improves staff ability to provide the most effective services in assisting women and children on their journey to becoming productive citizens who enjoy lasting success in Christ. The remaining funds are to be placed in an MWC Sustainability Fund* to be available for needs throughout the year.
Current Sustainability Funds Remaining
Sustainability Funds Granted:
- $3,900 for water fountains (11/9/21)
- $367.50 for 6th floor bathroom flooring (6/23/22)
- $6,890 for Mission Tracker Updates (10/20/22)
- $559.03 for CWC Pickleball Club (11/1/22)
- $3,400 for Genesis Process Counselor Certification Training (4/12/23)
- $595 for CWC Bible Study Materials for Staff (4/12/23)
- $1,100 for Completing Restored Creations Renovation Project (5.9.23)
- $4,557.49 for Moving Expenses for Supportive Care Home (10/11/23)
Your 2022/2023 Advisory Council Members: Sharyl Alred, Robyn Brown, Monica Brunn, Rebekah Callahan, Valerie Cowan, Jacqueline D’Souza, Kathy Fountain, Jennifer Hamilton, Janice Malone, Mary Philips, and Brenda Scott-Petty
Interested in becoming an advisory member? Advisory members are Gold level members who commit to a two-year rotation. Reach out to Becca to find out when the next cycle begins!