Welcome to Wheeler Mission’s Press Room.
Homelessness is an epidemic stemming from tragedies like addiction, domestic violence, incarceration, abuse, mental illness, job loss, or generational poverty.
Help us tell a better story. Our dynamic programs empower men, women, and children to address the roots of their crises, escape the cycle of poverty, reclaim their lives, and transform our city. We can’t serve our neighbors in need without partnerships and media allies championing our guests, telling their stories, and advocating on their behalf. Join us.
Wheeler Mission Media Contacts
Thank you for sharing our stories. If you’re a media representative, we’re excited to connect with you and are happy to arrange interviews and/or site visits with our spokespeople and program participants.
- For media inquiries in Indianapolis, email or call (317.687.3624) Perry Hines, Chief Development Officer.
- For inquiries in Bloomington, email or call (812.219.2939) Chris-Michael Morrison, Director of Advancement – Bloomington Area.
Get the Facts
Click here for our facts, figures and answers to FAQ’s.
Click here to read our most recent press release announcing the opening of our Center for Women & Children.
Click here to read past press releases.
Recent Press Coverage
- WISH-TV coverage on Lilly Endowment’s support for CWC expansion
- FOX59 shares Lilly Endowment’s support toward CWC expansion
- WishTV: Homeless shelter giving kids ‘more than just a place to sleep’
- Fox59: Wheeler Mission in need of volunteers to sort donations
- IndyStar: 90 Women and children slept at Wheeler Mission Thursday night
- CBS: “It’s hard trying to confine kids”
- WTHR: Drumstick Dash becomes a family favorite
- IndyStar: How Wheeler Mission has changed Indy
- Colts.com: Colts kick of Wheeler Mission’s Building for Change Campaign
- IndyStar: Wheeler Mission sidewalk signs show women and kids asleep on street
- IndyStar: True to its roots: Wheeler Mission focuses on women & homelessness
For guidelines on how to properly use our logo (incorporating colors, fonts, sizes, etc., please refer to our brand’s style guide.
Leadership Bios and Board Roster
Our history and proven success positions Wheeler Mission as the regional thought leader in the space of homelessness and crisis services. Go here to read about:
- Our President
- Our Executive Team
- Our Leadership Team
- Our Board of Directors
- Wheeler Mission Overview
- Operating beyond capacity (Cold Weather)
- Drumstick Dash
- Restored Creations
- Full Circle – Ryan’s Story
For more videos highlighting and celebrating our ministry, visit our YouTube page.
Don’t Miss a Beat!
Wheeler Mission is full of compelling stories. To keep up with what we’re doing, follow us on: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For just our Bloomington updates, follow our Bloomington-area Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Let Us Know You Were Here
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to fill out the form so you receive our press releases.